Thursday, October 10, 2013

Meet the DisBroads-Meet April!!

That's me, I'm April!! Obviously I am also a DisBroad.

A little about me, as you can tell by my blog title, I'm running for my life. Not in the way that others run, like to lose weight or take control of their health. No guys, I'm really running for my life. I have three kids, 8, 4 and 2. I'm a work from home mom, which sounds grand, but have YOU ever tried to do a job with kids running around? Not easy. But I do love being home with my kids, so it's a blessing and a curse. I play the working mom role and the stay at home mom role, which means I pretty much run on coffee.
And Energy Bits.
As if I didn't have enough to do with 3 kids and their school, play dates, gymnastics, soccer, and the Mt. Everest sized pile of laundry they leave me, with my house and dinner and trying to give my wonderful husband the attention he deserves, I decided to give running a shot in July 2012. I wasn't very active outside of my kids and two babies back to back left me with more weight than I wanted.
But I did have ulterior motives when it came to running. I was turning 30 and wanted the accomplishment of something like a half marathon under my belt. I also wanted a trip to Disney World to run that half marathon. I. Love. Disney. DisBroad Patty tempted me with the Princess Half Marathon and I finally relented and registered for the 2013 race. Along the way I found a love of running and racing and I lost a lot of weight, and I finished my first big race.
While I swore up and down I'd never do a half marathon again after PHM, I soon slipped and fell on my computer, not once but twice, and accidentally submitted my credit card info for two more half marathons. I have since slipped and fell on my computer, pressing that enter button(on accident, I swear) 3 more half marathons, including a repeat of PHM. I'm currently planning my first full marathon next spring. Because I have so much extra time to train for a full marathon. But I take these challenges in stride, I keep pushing, because, well, I've come to learn that I'm pretty awesome. I think you're awesome too, and it's good to "meet" all of you!

2 comments:

  1. You ARE awesome, April! So glad I got to meet you last year and I can't wait for Wine & Dine - those accidental half marathons are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 this so much! Love my April!

    ReplyDelete