Sunday, April 27, 2014

Glass Slipper Challenge Weekend 2014-Part 2

Friday morning brought a little relief. I wasn't aching anymore, I had gotten some sleep during the night and was feeling a lot better. My stomach was still feeling uneasy but no full on nausea like I'd had the day before, it more felt like I wasn't very hungry. But I knew I'd have to get hungry and fast, because not only was I eating for two, but the next day would bring the first 6.2 miles of my 19.3 mile weekend. I needed to be fueled for that.

We planned an easy park day, but first stop was the Expo. We grabbed some breakfast from the cafe at our resort and headed over to the ESPN Wide World of Sports. I much prefer the expos here over my first expo, which was moved to the Coronado Springs conference halls for last year's PHM weekend. We stopped for a few pictures.
We headed inside to pick up our respective bibs, mine for the Glass Slipper Challenge and the husband's for the Enchanted 10k. This also meant I had a lot of tech shirts to pick up too.
We didn't stay at the expo long. I didn't have anything I wanted to buy, since DisBroad Julie had scored me a pair of runDisney New Balance shoes the day before. We also planned to spend the day at Epcot, and with an early night ahead of us, thanks to an early race morning on Saturday, we wanted to hurry over and spend as much time there as possible. We dropped our swag bags off at our room and headed over to Epcot.

I was still feeling queasy but forced myself to stop in China for some orange chicken and rice. Normally this would have made my taste buds happy, but my stomach was still turning. We toured the countries and did a few rides, including Spaceship Earth. I always love the pictures they get of you.
We met a few other DisBroads over for a quick dinner in America before we parted ways to head back to our respective rooms for an early bedtime, just as the sun was starting to set a bit.
I was hoping the following day would allow me to feel even better. It did, but that just meant that something else would go wrong. Stay tuned for my 10k race report to find out how it went.





No comments:

Post a Comment