Tuesday, January 13, 2015

21 Day Fix Day 2

Today was a bit harder than yesterday. I knew what was coming, my body was craving sweets and carbs and any kind of comfort food. The foods on this list, they are not comfort foods. But comfort foods keep my scale from moving and I need to get my body out of the cycle of tons of junk each day. I automatically had that sinking feeling, I really wanted something tasty to eat and I knew it wasn't happening. It was almost a depressing start to my day.

Starting weight: 139.6 Down almost 2 lbs, but I think that is water weight. I tend to eat a lot of sodium, day 1 saw almost no sodium and tons of water, so I think it just helped with water weight. I'll take it though, wooohoooo for being under 140!

Started with coffee as usual. The baby was "only" up twice between midnight and 7am. This was a good night for us.

Breakfast: 1 bowl of steel cut oatmeal(1 yellow). Nothing to sweeten it. Again, whomp whomp.

Tally-1 yellow

Snack-1 pear and 1 blue of unsalted sunflower seeds. I messed up and put the seeds in the blue container, they should have gone in the orange, so I did eat a bit too much.

Tally- 1 purple and 1 blue

Lunch-I wanted a sandwich for lunch, so I used my last two yellow on 2 slices of whole wheat bread. Kind of a waste. Made a turkey sandwich, I put olive oil based mayo on it, using 2 teaspoons. I honestly don't know if that's ok, it's not on the list, but I couldn't do a dry turkey sandwich, especially as dry as whole wheat bread is.

Tally-2 yellow, 1 red

Come snack time I was feeling shaky again, so I had a decent sized snack. I had spring mix and baby spinach(1 green) with cucumber(1/2 green) with a bit of dressing(1/2 orange) and 1/2 a banana(1 purple).
Tally- 1 1/2 greens, 1/2 orange, 1 purple

For dinner, once again, my family got something else and I got my own little sad meal. I had 2 red containers left so I had 1 tilapia fillet, 2 scrambled eggs(because I didn't have time to boil them), 1 salad of mixed greens(yes, again) with blueberries on top and a bit of dressing.
Tally- 2 reds, 1 1/2 green, 1 purple, 1/2 orange

So for the end of the day, I had 1 green leftover.

My thoughts on today. Today was harder than yesterday, especially mentally. I wanted some kind of comfort food, some kind of sweets, in a bad way. I was pretty resentful over this whole plan. I really want to throw bricks at these people who tell you how wonderful a diet like this is. It's not. As you can tell, the vegetables I will eat are very limited. I haven't gotten sick of salad and spinach yet, so I haven't gotten desperate enough to branch out. Today was really hard because my husband came home with donuts. I wasn't pleased with this because he knows I'm struggling with this diet. He had them leftover from work. He even brought a Boston Cream donut home, my favorite. Not cool. Not cool at all. I got it out. I sniffed it. I let my 9 year old eat it because it was his favorite too. I stayed strong. I didn't want to, but I did. Only 19 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment