Thursday, January 15, 2015

21 Day Fix Day 3

Starting weight on Day 1: 141.6
Weight on Day 3: 138.8
Total lost: 2.8 pounds

Day 3 was a lot better than Day 2. I was pretty darn hangry on Day 2. While I still wasn't skipping down the stairs in the morning for my day of sad food, I didn't have the sense of dread I felt during Day 2.

Breakfast:
1 piece of whole wheat bread(yellow), 2 teaspoons of peanut butter(teaspoon), 1/2 a banana(purple)
Tally: 1 yellow, 1 purple, 2 teaspoons

I had a mid-morning snack of a pear(purple).
Tally: 1 purple

For lunch I remembered I was allowed to have cheese. The day before I used up all of my remaining yellow containers one two pieces of bread at lunch. Being a carb lover, it wasn't worth it. I prefer to spread my yellows over the day. You can put cheese in the blue containers, so I had 1 whole grain tortilla(yellow), melted 1 blue container of shredded cheddar cheese, topped it with sliced turkey breast(red) and a bit of spring lettuce mix(not enough to count since it might have added up to two calories). It made my mouth happy, because I love cheese.
Tally: 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 blue

By the afternoon I was starting to feel shaky again. I had a decent sized snack. I finally took a picture of my decent sized snack.
You can see the container sizes better. They do look small but it's actually more food than it seems. I had cottage cheese and sunflower seeds.
Tally: 1 red, 1 orange

I still had quite a few containers left come dinner. I wanted to try to branch out with vegetables but it's not easy for me. I can't just cook broccoli and eat it. Not happening. I did a salad again but tried to add different things aside from cucumbers, spinach and spring mix lettuce. I hard boiled 2 eggs and chopped up some turkey pepperoni(both red), chopped up cucumber and added it to my spinach/spring mix, as usual, but I also chopped up a couple of baby carrots and a small bit of broccoli to mix in. Not much at all but baby steps. All good things, all good things. I once again used my last two teaspoons for dressing(again, this may or may not be 21 day fix legal, but I can't have a sad salad). It wasn't so bad and I didn't even notice the stuff I mixed in.
Tally: 2 green, 2 red, 2 teaspoons

This left me with 2 green and 1 yellow. I used the yellow for a snack of Special K Multi Grain after dinner. Mmmmm sweet carbs. I didn't use the remaining green containers.

So my summary of day 3...It wasn't as bad as day 1 and 2. 2 was my worst day, without all of my processed junk and the sugar my body is addicted to, I was pretty grumpy. My scale is reflecting the work I'm putting in. I can't say I have all of this energy and am feeling like a new person, I still have a baby that wakes several times a night so no diet change will do that for me, but I'm not so angry at the whole process. Days 1 and 2 I was angry at the process, I think there was talk of throwing bricks at people. I still look forward to this being done and eating some kind of happy food.



No comments:

Post a Comment