Wednesday, June 12, 2013

7/11/2012 It's Official

Registration for my first ever half marathon!!

Registration Confirmation for:
Dear April,
Congratulations! You are now registered for 2013 Disney's Princess Half Marathon. Please check the event's official website for updates: http://www.runDisney.com
 
This is for the 2013 Disney's Princess Half Marathon on Sunday, February 24, 2013.
I am officially registered for the Princess Half. I remember last year I hemmed and hawed, my heart and head knew I just wasn't into it. At the end of summer I stopped running and of course, I didn't register. So this year I took a different approach. Instead of waiting to make sure I stuck with this to register, I registered first. I'm kind of stuck now I guess. Now I *have* to keep going, because I just spent a crap ton of money to register for this race. To celebrate, I pushed myself on my run tonight, and did just a bit over 5k. And I was really comfortable with it! It took me 35 minutes and some change, which is pretty decent, under 12 minutes per mile. With each passing week, I'm growing more and more confident that I CAN do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment