Wednesday, June 12, 2013

7/28/2012 The Only Bad Run Is The Run You Didn't Do

This will be rather short and sweet, as I'm not feeling very well. For the past two weeks or so, I have been having issues with TMJ, or my jaws. Muscles have locked up, leading to me not eating and nasty headaches. Unfortunately relief and a fix is not something that comes quickly. I've been trudging through and doing my runs, even not feeling so well. Tonight I really, really didn't want to go for a run. I took last night off after running 4 miles on Wednesday night. After my day today, with the kids, the headache, being the end of the week, adding extra work onto my work from home job, running was the last thing I wanted to do. But I did. And it was bad. Or was it? For the first time I was running at a pace of over 12 minute miles. I felt dead on my feet. I only ran a little over 2 miles. But I did it, even as bad as I was feeling. So instead of feeling bummed that it wasn't my best run, I decided to feel proud, because I could have used my pile of excuses and sat at home on the couch. So no, a slower than normal, shorter than normal run wasn't bad at all. It could have been much worse, not done at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment